1km away, the town of Saint-Alban offers shops, mall, doctors, pharmacies, dentists... You'll also find major retailers 10 minutes by car (Saint Chély D'Apcher).
Saint-Alban has preserved its heritage with its crosses and ovens, remarkable castle, the road to Saint Jacques de Compostela (GR65), which is experiencing a renaissance of pilgrims and hikers.
It offers the possibility of a thorough knowledge of his countryside with its hiking trails and mountain biking tracks, with its many picturesque valleys and fertile with flowing fishy rivers (Limagnole, Truyère, Rimeize) and close to the parc à loups (wolves park) and parc à bisons d'Europe (European bisons park).
Other visits will enhance your stay as musée Javols (Javols museum) and its archaeological excavations, the Apcher Tower, the château de la Baume (de la Baume castle), Garabit viaduct and Millau viaduct, Chaudes-Aigues and its hot source at 82°C, the scénovion Saint-Alban, Via Ferrata Malzieu, the tree climbing. And for the children: farm tours, swimming in the leisure centers.
Not to mention the Lozère gastronomy, of course!
Here, some additional information that will help you organize and enjoy your stay.
Discovering Saint Alban sur Limagnole, Margeride, Lozère and around:
- Tourist Office of the Canton of St. Alban: margeride-en-gevaudan.com
- Tourism in Lozère: lozere-tourisme.com
- European bisons: bisoneurope.com
- Wolves Park: loupsdugevaudan.com
- The Museum of the Beast of Gevaudan: musee-bete-gevaudan.com
- Archaeological site: archeologie-javols.org
- Castel de la Baume: chateaudelabaume.org
- The Garabit viaduct: garabit.com
- The Millau viaduct: leviaducdemillau.com
- Chaudes-Aigues and its 82°C hot source: chaudesaigues.com
- Le scénovision de St. Alban: scenovisionstalban.com
For sport, recreation, relaxation:
- Federation and fishing association in Lozère (2700kms of rivers): lozerepeche.com
- Horseback riding, training, hiking: centre-equestre-arlequin.fr
- Fitness center: spaenaubrac.com
- Passion vélo (bicycles rental): passion-velo-lozere.fr
- Lozère by motorbike (Roadbook) : Roadbook
- Aubrac-évasion, electric scooter rental : aubrac-evasion.com
To eat well: